Well, the mag arrived today; i hurried on up to the store and grabbed it and got soaking wet in the rain and sat shivering in the car while i went through it page by page. It didnt have my white ladies in it. It had some other white art but nothing as nice as my white ladies. Not that i really thought they'd be there but, you know, well, there was a chance, i thought, maybe. My ladies were different and unique and they were the only art that i felt was good enough to send since the Asian art i had sent years ago. I wish they'd let people know one way or another whats going on. I had heard that some rejects had been sent back to the artists 3 or 4 months ago. So, wheres mine i wondered? Didn't they receive them? Are they lost in the mail?
I heard they have this habit of non communication...maybe it would take too much manpower but really, this company must be making billions so you'd think they could hire an extra person or two for better public relations with the people who are making them rich by letting them profit by showing their art.
I also heard they often keep submissions for sometimes up to a year then publish them in one of their other publications. Well i hope they dont think they can just go ahead and put them in another issue as "also ran but didnt rate" because i didnt send them for anything like that; i sent them for this issue alone and dont want them showing up somewhere else as second best. That would make me feel bad because it would show that i'm not a good judge of great art. Well, hell, i think they were good enough. They're my first best! I wish they'd contact me and if this is their intention then i can say nope, just send them back.
Well, i sure wont send them anything again; if these wernt good enough then nothing else i could do would possibly be. Anyway,its really not that important to me anymore, even though its still my favorite magazine. I just want them back.
It was different when i sent them the stuff for their Back to Asia issue a few years ago, it was a huge big deal to me then. And being in friendly competition with some of my internet pals made it an even bigger deal. We all wanted in! We thought it would be the ultimate compliment to get a piece of our art into Somerset Studio. They published everything i sent and i felt that i was then entitled to call myself an artist. I mean really! If anyone ever asked me what i did i'm now allowed to say "i'm an artist" Well, hey; the truth is they published everything everybody sent for that issue, and then some, lol! so theres a lot of artists around, and thats cool. Anyhow,i'm already an artist by their own standards and by not using this art dosnt take that away from me. I'm still an artist. Yayyyy! So there, Mr. or Mrs. Somerset, put that in your presser and print it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
((hugs)) Lorraina. That sucks that they left you in limbo regarding your hard work. One of the reasons I no longer buy that particular magazine is because I am sick of seeing the same "artists" over and over again using the same style as always. Good luck finding out what happened to your art.
Post a Comment